- Flower nameEquisetum arvense
- Scientific nameEquisetum arvense
- Alias土筆, つくしんぼ, Equisetum arvense, スギナ, 杉菜
- Place of originthe entire Arctic and temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths
- Flowering seasonMarch, April
What is Equisetum arvense
Equisetum arvense, field horsetail or tsukushi(scientific name: Equisetum arvense) is a perennial plant in the Equisetaceae . It inhabits the entire Arctic and temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere, including Japan. In Japan, it grows naturally from Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu. Horsetail produces green sterile stems and fertile stems from the rhizomes.
Generic name: Equisetum arvense, Scientific name: Equisetum arvense, aka: field horsetail or tsukushi, Flowering period: March to April, stem length: 10 to 15 cm.