- Flower nameGaultheria mucronata
- Scientific nameGaultheria mucronata
- Alias真珠の木, ハッピーベリー, prickly heath, Pernettya, ペルネティア
- Place of originSouth America
- Place of floweringHigh mountain
- Flowering seasonJanuary, October, November, December
What is Gaultheria mucronata
Gaultheria mucronata or prickly heath (Scientific name: Gaultheria mucronata) is native to South America and is a cold-resistant evergreen shrub and alpine plants of the family Ericaceae . In the spring to early summer, a plurality of white bell-shaped florets are bunched downwards. The fruit which becomes after flowers is pretty and popular with red, white, pink, purple shiny spherical shape.
Common name: Gaultheria mucronata, Scientific name: Gaultheria mucronata, syn. Pernettya mucronata, aka: prickly heath, Place of origin: South America Flower color: white, flowering period: May-June, flower shape: bell-shaped, how to bloom: flower color: flower color: flower color: flower color: Blooming period: October to January of next year, fruit diameter: 1 cm, fruit shape: spherical shape, fruit quality: glossy, fruit color: red, white, pink, purple, breeding method: cutting.