- Flower nameDay lily
- Scientific nameHemerocallis middendorffii var. esculenta
- Aliasニッコウキスゲ, 日光黄菅, 禅庭花, Daylily, Nikkōkisuge, Hemerocallis esculenta
- Place of originJapan and China
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August
What is Day lily
Day lily (scientific name: scientific name: Hemerocallis dumortieri var. esculenta, synonym: Hemerocallis middendorffii var. esculenta) is native to Japan and China and is a perennial grass of the Xanthorrhoeaceae family. In summer, yellow single flowers bloom scape away at Japan national field in damp places. Flowers shallow blooming and closing the evening is a flower day. In Japanese it is called Nikkōkisuge or Zenteika.
Generic name:Day lily, Scientific name scientific name: Hemerocallis dumortieri var. esculenta, synonym: Hemerocallis middendorffii var. esculenta, Other name: Nikkōkisuge , Zenteika, lilies , Distribution: Japan nationwide, Habitat: intermediate Marsh, Height: 50-60 cm, leaf shape, elongated, leaf length: 50-80 cm, Leaf width: 2 cm, Flowering: July to August, squeezing: funnel-shaped, petals 6 pieces (3 pieces for calyx), flower diameter: 5 cm, flower color: yellow.