- Flower nameIris domestica
- Scientific nameIris domestica
- Aliasカラスオウギ, 烏扇, Leopard flower, 檜扇
- Place of originEast Asia
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths, Garden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Seashore
- Flowering seasonJuly, August
- Language of flowersGood faith
What is Iris domestica
Iris domestica or Leopard flower (scientific name: Iris domestica) is native to East Asia and is a cold-resistant perennial plant of the iris family Iridaceae. It makes one day flower bloom in summer. The orange flowers have many infrared spots scattered. From flower color and spot, English name is "Leopard flower". The green fruit after the flower ripens in the fall and breaks and black seeds appear from inside. This is what is called a shotball (nubatama in Japanese), and it was used as a meaning "black" in the Manyoshu. It is used garden trees, flower arrangement, rhizome, anti-inflammatory, detoxification effect.
Common name: Iris domestica, Scientific name: Iris domestica, aka: Leopard flower, Place of Origin: East Asia, Distribution: Honshu ~ Shikoku, Japan in Kyushu, flowering period: July - August, flower color: orange, seed color: black, seed diameter: 0.5 cm.