- Flower nameSchaueria flavicoma
- Scientific nameSchaueria calycotricha
- AliasGolden Plume, Schaueria flavicoma, Schaueria calycotricha
- Place of originendemic to Brazil
- Place of floweringBotanical Gardens
- Flowering seasonJuly, August
What is Schaueria flavicoma
Schaueria flavicoma (scientific name: Schaueria calycotricha) is an evergreen shrub of the genus Schaueria in the family Acanthaceae, which is endemic to Brazil. It is called 'Golden Plume' in English. In Brazil, it grows wild in tropical rainforests. The flowers are insectivorous and are mediated by bees and hummingbirds.
Common name: Schaueria flavicoma, scientific name: Schaueria calycotricha, synonym: Schaueria flavicoma, also known as Golden Plume, platinum-feathered flower, type of life: evergreen shrub, tree height: 1.5-2 m, monocotyledonous, petiole: paired, petiole: full margin, leaf length: 5-15 cm, leaf shape: ovate apical, symmetrical flowers, apical, inflorescence: globose, inflorescence diameter: 10 cm, inflorescence: tubular, apical lip-shaped, flower colour: white, bracts: yellow linear, fruit: capsule, flowering season: July-August.