- Flower nameJapanese Umbrella-pine
- Scientific nameSciadopitys verticillata
- AliasJapanese Umbrella-pine, 高野槙, ホンマキ, koyamaki
- Place of originJapan and the Korean Peninsula
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Cemetery & Temple
- Flowering seasonMarch, April
What is Japanese Umbrella-pine
Japanese Umbrella-pine (Scientific name: Sciadopitys verticillata) is an evergreen needle-leaved tree of the family Sciadopityaceae, which is a unique species of Japan and the Korean Peninsula. It consists of one genus and one genus per family only. It grows naturally in the mountains of Honshu to Kyushu. Flower blooming in spring, with different sexes.
Common name: Japanese Umbrella-pine , Scientific name: Sciadopitys verticillata, aka: Kouyamaki , Japanese umbrella-pine, height: 15 to 30 m, bark: reddish brown, leaf shape: elongated linear, , Male flower form: head shape, female flower: elliptical shape, inflorescence: single apical, male inflorescence: conical inflorescence, female inflorescence: single plant, flower color: light green, brown, flowering period: March to April.