- Flower nameThunbergia 'Fairy Moon'
- Scientific nameThunbergia erecta cv. fairy moon
- Place of originhorticultural variety
- Place of floweringGreenhouse
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August, September, October, November
What is Thunbergia 'Fairy Moon'
Thunbergia 'Fairy Moon' (scientific name: Thunbergia erecta cv. Fairy moon) is a horticultural variety of the evergreen shrub “Thunbergia erecta (scientific name: Thunbergia erecta)”, native to West Africa and belonging to the family Amaranthaceae. A single inflorescence is extended from the leaf bud, and a funnel-shaped flower with 5 split ends blooms. The flower is light purple and contains a white wrap. The throat has a light cream color.
The genus name “Thunbergia” is a dedication to the Swedish botanist C.P. Thunberg, and the species name “erecta” means “upright”.