- Flower nameAmaranthus caudatus
- Scientific nameAmaranthus caudatus
- Aliasアマランサス･カウダツス, 紐鶏頭, Amaranthus caudatus, Love Lies Bleeding, Tassel Flower, アマランサス, ヒモゲイトウ
- Place of originIndia, tropical America, Africa
- Place of floweringCut flowers, flower arrangement, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonAugust, September, October
- Language of flowersDon't worry
What is Amaranthus caudatus
Amaranthus caudatus or Love Lies Bleeding (scientific name: Amaranthus caudatus) is a large-scale annual grass of non-cold-resistant of the family Amaranthus, which is native to India, Tropical America and Africa. It makes hang a long flower stalk like a string in autumn. Flower color is red or green and red one is commonly seen. In Japanese name, it is called Senninkoku from the tradition that the hermit eats seeds from the shape of the flower stalks. This fruit is eaten in Brazil as well as hermit(Sennin). Recently it has been on the market as a natural food even in Japan.
Common name: Amaranthus caudatus or Love Lies Bleeding, Scientific name: Amaranthus caudatus , aka:Amaranthus, Amaranthus caudatus, Love Lies Bleeding, Tassel Flower, Origin: India, Tropical America or Africa, Plant Length: 100 to 200 cm, Inflorescence Length: 20 to 40 cm, Awashing Period: August to October.