- Flower nameDicksonia antarctica
- Scientific nameDicksonia antarctica
- AliasDicksonia antarctica, Soft tree fern, Man fern, Tasmanian tree fern
- Place of origineastern Australia
- Place of floweringOrnamental plants, Specific area
- Flowering season
What is Dicksonia antarctica
Dicksonia antarctica ,soft tree fern, man fern, or Tasmanian tree fern, (scientific name: Dicksonia antarctica) is a large evergreen tree fern of the family Dixoniaceae, native to eastern Australia. It is native to mountainous cloud forests in its native habitat. Leaves grow in bunches at the top of the stem. The leaves are amniotic, so they do not flower and, after a period of time, spore-caps form on the underside of the leaves.
Common name: Dixonia antarctica, scientific name: Dicksonia antarctica, aka: Soft tree fern, Man fern, Tasmanian tree fern, place of origin: Eastern Australia, Living type: evergreen ferns, height: 5-15 m, leaf shape: 2-4 pinnate compound leaves.