- Flower nameAresin herbstii ‘Acuminata’
- Scientific nameIresine herbstii cv. acuminata
- AliasIresine herbstii cv. Acuminata, アクミナタ, イレシネ・ヘルブスティー, Acuminata, Iresine herbstii
- Place of originhorticultural variety, (original species is Brazil)
- Place of floweringGreenhouse, Botanical Gardens, Horticultural species, Ornamental plants
- Flowering seasonDecember
What is Aresin herbstii ‘Acuminata’
Aresin herbstii ‘Acuminata’ (scientific name: Iresine herbstii cv. Acuminata) is a cultivar of the evergreen perennial herb “Iresine herbstii” which is native to Brazil and in the family Amaranthaceae. Acuminata has purple-brown leaves and red veins. It is used as a foliage plant because its leaves are beautiful. The flowers are small and have no ornamental value.
General name: Aresin herbstii ‘Acuminata’, scientific name: Iresine herbstii cv. Acuminata, leaf shape: broad oval, plant height: 5-50 cm, place of origin: horticultural variety, (original species is Brazil), leaf viewing period: April to November, flowering season: winter.