- Flower nameOphiopogon planiscapus 'Kokuryu'
- Scientific nameOphiopogon planiscapus 'Kokuryu'
- Aliasオオバリュウノヒゲ, Black mondo, 大葉蛇の髭, 大葉龍の髭
- Place of originJapan, China
- Place of floweringGarden, Ornamental plants
- Flowering seasonJune, July, August
What is Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Kokuryu'
Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Kokuryu' is a shade-tolerant evergreen perennial herb of the family Asparagaceae. It is a horticultural variety of the perennial Ophiopogon planiscapus with blackish purple leaves.
Common name: Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Kokuryu' , scientific name: Ophiopogon planiscapus aka: black mondo , giant valuunnohighe (perilla Dragon Beard), living type: Evergreen perennial gardening, grass height: 20-30 cm, leaf length: 10-30 cm. leaf color: blackish purple, leaf shape:linear, leaf edge: serrated, flowers: spikes, spike height: 20-30 cm, flowering: June-August, flower color: white, flower diameter:0.6ー0.8cm, Corolla: funnel-shaped Tip 6 deep fissure, flower pieces: 6, perianth-type: funnel-shaped, stamens 6, anther color: yellow, flower: cylindrical, ovary: 3, stigma: 3 crack, seeds: jacket, seed shape: spherical, seed colors: Green-dark grey, seed size:0.8~1cm