- Flower nameChinese peony
- Scientific namePaeonia lactiflora
- Alias芍薬, ぺオニア・ラクティフロラ, Chinese peony, common garden peony
- Place of originTibet to Korean peninsula
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June
- Language of flowersCleanliness
What is Chinese peony
Chinese peony or Shakuyaku in Japanese ( Scientific name: Paeonia lactiflora) is a hardy perennial herb of Button family Paeoniaceae native to northern China to northern North Korea. I came to Japan as a traditional Chinese medicine. It is said that the root has a medicinal effect of convergence, antispasmodic and analgesic. A large flower blooms in the stem tip. Many petals are about 10 petals, leaves are compatible with each other in compound leaves. After flowers, fruits made up of 3 to 5 bags of fruits.
Common name: Chinese peony, Scientific name: Paeonia lactiflora, aka: Shakuyaku, Chinese peony, Common garden peony, Place of origin: from Tibet to Korean Peninsula, Plant height: from 50 to 90 cm, flowering period: May to June, flower color: peach · white · yellow · red, flower size: 10 to 15 cm, Medicinal effect: root, astringent, antispasmodic, analgesic.