- Flower namerose-gold pussy willow
- Scientific nameSalix gracilistyla
- Aliaswillow, 猫柳, rose-gold pussy willow
- Place of originChina and Japan
- Place of floweringCut flowers, flower arrangement, River, pond
- Flowering seasonMarch, April
What is rose-gold pussy willow
Rose-gold pussy willow , or Neko yanagi (scientific name: Salix gracilistyla) are native to China and Japan and are deciduous shrubs of the willow genus. It is a kind of willow like the waterside. It was named for the early spring that the silvery white flower would look like a cat's tail. It is a dioecious strain. There are no petals in either. A male flower appears with a long stamen with a vermillion anther at the tip, anther opens and gives yellow pollen. Female flowers add short stamen with a yellowish tip.
Common name: Feline Yayanagi (Cat Yanagi), Scientific Name: Salix gracilistyla, aka: Rose-gold pussy willow , or Neko yanagi , Leaf shape: oval shape, leaf color: green, leaf order: alternate, flowering period: March to April, petals: none, petals: none, Fruit season: May to June,length of flower stalk: 3 to 4 cm.