- Flower nameVeltheimia capensis
- Scientific nameVeltheimia capensis
- Aliassand lily, elephant's eye, winter veltheimia, フェルトハイミアカペンシス, ベルセミア カペンシス
- Place of originSouth Africa
- Place of floweringGarden, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonMay
What is Veltheimia capensis
Veltheimia capensis, commonly called sand lily , is perennial plant of the departmentAsparagaceae , of the Veltheimia genus native to South Africa Western Cape Province. Wintry succulent plants in the winter long wavy fleshy leaves out, a lot of buds. Leaf length 30 cm, width is about 4 cm. Spring onto a red-brown flower stalk from the center of the leaves. Stretch racemes from the stem tip, many calyx flowers bloom in the drop-down. Floret length is about 3 cm. From the flower stamens protruding. Similar to clivia nobilis, but this species has wavy leaves, and stems are brownish.