- Flower nameViolet
- Scientific nameViola mandshurica
- Aliasスモウトリグサ, Viola, 菫, ビオラ, 相撲取草
- Place of originJapan etc.
- Place of floweringFields and footpaths, Low mountains, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonMarch, April, May
What is Violet
Violet (Latin name:Viola mandshurica) is a perennial herbs of the genus Viola, Department of violets Yamabe, fields, roadsides, dainty flower bloom spring wildflowers. Flowers are umbels with left-right symmetric unimodal. Coloration is typical color purple and yellow flowers. Ko (AF) protrusions in the flowers is characterized. Leaves a lot out of rooting out from the ground. Leaf petioles long and heart-shaped. Ko was the play that also called smoutribana (had flowers) and smoutrigusa (had grass). Pansy is a horticultural varieties of violets (violet).