- Flower nameEnglish Lavender
- Scientific nameLavandula angustifolia
- Aliasイングリッシュラベンダー, ラベンダー・アングスティフォリア, Lavender angustifolia, ラバンデュラ・アングスティフォリア, ラベンダー, Lavender, True lavender, コモン・ラベンダー, English lavender
- Place of originThe Mediterranean and Western Asia, India
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Park
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July, August
- Language of flowersExpectation
What is English Lavender
English Lavender , scientific name:Lavandula angustifolia , is spring-herb species in cut flowers and potted plants and flowers in the summer, same flavoring Labiatae Lavandula genus angustifolia half-Hardy small shrubs in common. Since ancient Roman times and used as bath water, we are aromatic and therapeutic. Lavandula and means "wash" is. Flower has a small lip shaped, elongated spikes to make 1 inflorescence with each 10-20. In lavender, English Lavender is a particularly good resistance to most often contains the medicinal ingredient, has become must-haves in United Kingdom-style garden, deep aromatic. You must put in place somewhat vulnerable to high temperatures and high humidity, good ventilation in Japan. Long flower stalk, so suitable for dried flower and wreath making. Cultivation of lavender, lavandin systems and the French more other English system, and has been breeding hybrids of them well. Similar to blue as Labiatae Salvia (salvia Blue), lavender is the leaves elongated grey-green has.
Common name: English Lavender , scientific name:Lavandula angustifolia , also known as: Lavender , common lavender, True Lavender, lavender angustifolia , Tasmanian Lavender ,origin: Mediterranean-West Asia height, such as India: 30-130 cm leaf: mechanism of linear leaves opposite or whorled leaf color: Green inflorescence: Spike inflorescences flowering: 5 to 8, flower color: blue-violet, flower inflorescence: 5 cm heigh , flower diameter: 1 cm , spike from sampling seeds essential oil.