- Flower nameOrnithogalum arabicum
- Scientific nameOrnithogalum arabicum
- Aliasオーニソガラム, アラビカム, Ornithogalum arabicum, クロボシオオアマナ, 黒星大甘菜
- Place of originurope,West Asia, Africa
- Place of floweringGarden, Cut flowers, flower arrangement, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, March, April, December
- Language of flowersPurity
What is Ornithogalum arabicum
Ornithogalum arabicum (scientific name: Ornithogalum arabicum) is native to Europe, West Asia and Africa, and is a cold resistant bulb plant of the family Asparagaceae. A white flower with fragrance is blooming in conical inflorescence. Because the stamen in the center of the flower turns from green to black, in Japanese it is also called Kuroboshi-oamana. The language of flowers is "purity". It comes from the whiteness of flowers. The genus name "Ornithogalum" means Latin (Ornitho (bird) + galum (milk)). This is based on the fact that the shape of the flower resembles that of a bird and that the ovary is popping out. "Species name" arabicum "means" Origin of Arabia ", which means Origen.
Arabicum is similar to the large seed "Ornithogalum saundersiae", which is a kind of plant with a little lower plant height than that. Other varieties include O.m thyrsoides and O. Umbelata, Nutans is called "glass flower" whose flower color is green and it's edge is white native to Europe.
Common name: Ornithogalum arabicum, Scientific name: Ornithogalum arabicum, Place of origin: Europe,West Asia, Africa, Living type: Cold resistant bulb plant, plant length: 50 to 60 cm, leaves: wide, flower diameter: 3 cm, flowering period: December to April, flower color: white.