- Flower namePrunus mume 'Ryokugakushidare',
- Scientific nameprunus mume 'tsukikageshidare'
- Alias梅, 枝垂れ, 月影枝垂れ, ツキカゲシダレ
- Place of originHorticultural Varieties
- Place of floweringGarden, Botanical Gardens, Park, Bonsai
- Flowering seasonFebruary
What is Prunus mume 'Ryokugakushidare',
Prunus mume 'Ryokugakushidare', or Armeniaca mume 'Ryokugakushidare', is a Chinese plum tree that was introduced to Japan in the Edo period. It is a classic variety that was introduced to Japan during the Edo period. White flowers, double blooms, drooping branches, large flowers, green young branches, green sepals, flower diameter: 2 to 2.5 cm, early February to early April.
The genus name "Prunus" is "plum", the species minor name "mume" is "plum", or the genus name "Armeniaca" is "Armenia" (of Armenia). There is a single flower, the single green calyx weeping.