- Flower namePterostylis nana
- Scientific namePterostylis nana
- Aliasdwarf snail orchid, Linguella nana, 東洋蘭, Pterostylis nana, コオロギラン
- Place of originAustralia
- Place of floweringPotted flower
- Flowering seasonJanuary, February, March, April, August, September, December
- Language of flowers－
What is Pterostylis nana
Dwarf snail orchid , scientific name:Pterostylis nana , is non-cold-resistant and non-heat-tolerant of deciduous perennials, ground orchids of the Orchidaceae department Pterostylis genus endemic to Australia. It lets a flower stalk stand straight in winter and makes flowers of the purple brown from 1 to several or the green bloom on the tip. The back sepal falls down before to close the cap with form of hat. The side sepals which there are two are like slim arms and seem to do 'banzai'. There is the labial palp inward.
Common name:Pterostylis Nana, scientific name: Pterostylis nana, aka:dwarf snail orchid, origin: Australia Southeast of environment: bright lucidophyllus life type: perennial bulb plant height: 10-30 cm, foliage: rosette-shaped, leaf length: 1-2 cm, flowering: December-April, flower diameter: 2-5 cm, color: green, purple-brown.