- Flower nameBegonia Boliviensis
- Scientific nameBegonia x tuberhybrida cv. boliviensis
- AliasBegonia boliviensis, Begonia, 球根ベゴニア, ベゴニア
- Place of originGarden variety (South American Andes)
- Place of flowering
- Flowering seasonApril, May, June, July, August, September, October
What is Begonia Boliviensis
Begonia Boliviensis (scientific name: Begonia x tuberhybrida cv. boliviensis) is a varieties of non-cold-resistant evergreen perennial (bulb) "bulbous begonia" of the family Begoniaceae. Origin is Argentina from northwestern Bolivia. Leaves are dark green. Petals bloom like a single blooming and hanging down. Flower color has red and orange. It is a wild type that became the basis of garden cultivar as a breeding parent of bulbous begonia.