- Flower nameMaianthemum japonicum
- Scientific nameMaianthemum japonicum
- Place of originJapan, the Korean Peninsula and China
- Place of floweringLow mountains, Sub-alpine, Potted flower
- Flowering seasonMay, June, July
What is Maianthemum japonicum
Maianthemum japonicum is a perennial herbaceous plant native to Japan, the Korean Peninsula and China. It produces 10 to 20 small white flowers with conical inflorescences growing from the tips of the stems. Both sides of the leaf are covered with rough hairs.
Common name: Maianthemum japonicum, fScientific name: Maianthemum japonicum, Plant height: 20-70 cm, Leaf inflorescence: alternate, leaf shape: oblong, leaf length: 6-13 cm, leaf width: 3-7 cm, inflorescence: conical inflorescence, inflorescence length: 3-7 cm, flowering season: May-July, number of flower buds: 6, number of staminodes: 6, Fruiting season: August to September; fruit type: berry; fruit shape: spherical; fruit diameter: 0.5-0.6 cm; fruit color: green to red-ripe; use: young shoots are wild vegetables.